In honor of National Down Syndrome Awareness Month, the group I am involved in on Baby Center started a post to list 21 things about your child. The reason we’re using the number 21 is to signify the extra copy of the 21st chromosome or trisomy 21.
I decided to join in the fun and then translate it to a blog post, since I am attempting the “31 for 21” challenge. So here is my list of different things about Nathan. Notice how not one of these include “Nathan has Down syndrome” because although it is a part of him, it is not who he is.
All about Nathan…
1. He brings a smile to our faces everyday.
2. He LOVES the cat, although the cat does not return the sentiments.
3. It is amazing to see how fast he can army crawl.
4. His new obsession is opening and closing doors.
5. We just moved into a new apartment, so he is currently adjusting to a new room.
6. He loves his new babysitter.
7. We have to watch “Signing Times” every night because he can’t get enough of it.
8. It is impossible to change his clothes/diaper on the floor as he rolls away from you as fast as he can.
9. We just completed our second Buddy Walk in NYC and it was awesome!
10. Every time he falls asleep he needs his glowworm on to keep him company.
11. Although he doesn’t clap his own hands, he loves to grab everyone else’s thumbs and clap their hands together.
12. When a bunch of us are standing in a room, he puts his arms out to every person to be passed around until he’s content.
13. He loves to rip out all of the pieces to his foam mat.
14. He has the best “cheeseball” smile.
15. The best time of day for Nathan is in the morning.
16. He gives the best (sloppiest) kisses on your cheek or mouth, depending on his mood.
17. His middle name is James, after my DH’s grandfather, whom I adore.
18. He HATES to have his teeth brushed.
19. He is extremely tall (at least we think so…lol).
20. He LOVES swimming and bathtime.
21. He is the best thing that has ever happened to us!